You need to ensure that you have the right domain name that will help you make your business a success. In fact, choosing the right domain name can often mean the difference between a site that receives hundreds of visitors each day and one that receives hardly any. It is quite easy to get the perfect domain name if you follow a few definite steps that have helped others achieve phenomenal web success.
Here is the list of 5 steps that can come in handy in registering your website domain name.
- To begin with, you should choose an appropriate domain name, and one that is relevant. For instance, if you are selling a particular product, then having a domain name that contains the product name or keywords with which people search for what you are selling always helps. Get the help of an expert if you are unable to find a suitable name yourself. In most cases, talking to the domain registrar helps as their customer representatives usually have a very good idea of what is required from a great website name
- You will either need a credit card or a PayPal account in order to register your domain name. It is the standard requirement for most of the registrars. It allows you to claim and get the domain name immediately after you have made the decision to purchase it
- If you already have a web host then you can obtain names from their primary and secondary name servers. The information can easily be obtained from their FAQs and other documentation on the website
- You can find the information under a category named as DNS (Domain Name Transfer). After buying the domain name, you will need the information to point your domain name to your website
- In case, you do not have a web host, you can allow the registrar to park your domain name on a temporary website that is specifically set up for you. With it, you can quickly secure your desired domain name and take your time to look after the other of your website. Most of the registrars automatically park your domain name on a temporary website and if this is the case, you may not have to do anything special for that. Some registrar may also provide you with an email id with your own domain name while it is parked
The significance of a registered domain name cannot be denied. In a business domain name gives you credibility. Nobody in this era wants to do business with a company which does not even have its own website. A domain name that describes your business and organisation is easy for people to remember and can refer to your website without even consulting to their documents. Many times people try their luck in search of the services they desire and type the desired product or service as the domain name. If you have a similar domain name that describes your services or products, you might get lucky and can attract several potential customers.
About the Author:
Mr. Sagar Mohanty is a Managing Director at Nexus Technoware Solution Private Limited (NTSPL), a firm he started in 2007. NTSPL is a ‘Microsoft Silver Certified’ partner, ISO 9001-2008 Certified Company and STPI Registered firm which specializes in best-in-class Software Development, Web Apps Development, Website Designing, Web Hosting, Corporate Email Solution, and Web Security & Mobile Messaging & Voice Solution.