One of the first forms of digital marketing was SMS marketing. It is still one of the most commonly used marketing strategies, even though email marketing and social media marketing have made their way into the marketing industry. Many big and small companies still use bulk SMS services in India, often to promote their new products or various seasonal offers.
If you are a business owner, you can use two types of SMS services, either transactional SMS or promotional SMS. Even though SMS marketing feels like an ancient form of marketing, it could not be further from the truth. SMS marketing remains one of the most successful marketing strategies because businesses feel like it is one of the most uncomplicated forms of marketing.
Benefits of SMS Marketing
If you are a business owner and wondering whether you should approach an SMS service provider to avail their bulk SMS services in India, here are the reasons how it could be beneficial to your business:
- High Open Rates: One of the top reasons SMS marketing still prevails even after the emergence of many other digital marketing formats is the high open rates. People may not pick up promotional phone calls or might delete promotional emails without opening them. Many businesses have found that 98% of the receivers opened SMSes sent to them. Thus buying bulk SMS services in India for advertising and promotion could be a blessing to small and big businesses.
- Better Conversion Rate: When a business focuses on SMS marketing, they aim for a broader range of customer demographics. They know that people unfamiliar with new-age digital marketing such as emails and social media would take action with SMS promotion. Thus, even with email and social media marketing, SMS marketing still has a better conversion rate.
- Inexpensive Marketing: Buying bulk SMS services in India with any new or existing SMS service provider will cost you way less than hiring a digital marketing agency. SMS marketing is inexpensive by a long shot, whether you choose to go the traditional marketing route, such as getting a billboard, television ads, digital ads, or magazines.
- Reliable Marketing Technique: Since almost all the people who have a phone, whether a feature phone or a smartphone, are eligible to receive an SMS. While some phones cannot access the internet, email and social media marketing fail in such cases. However, since all phones can receive an SMS, it is one of the most reliable marketing techniques to exist.
Features of Transactional SMS
- Transactional SMS is used to send order alerts, OTPs, bookings, and informational messages to your registered customers. These messages are not intended for marketing your product/service.
- These messages are delivered to all recipients, irrespective of their Do-Not-Disturb (DND) status.
- These SMS are delivered 24×7 with no time restriction.
- These SMS can be assigned a 6-alpha character Sender ID of your choice corresponding with your business or product name.
Features of Promotional SMS
- Promotional SMS is used to provide discounts, promotions, and special offers to both new and existing customers. The recipients of the communications may or may not have requested to receive them.
- These messages can be sent only to non-DND lines and opt-in numbers during 9 am and 9 pm business hours.
- These messages are sent using a random 6-digit Sender ID given by the telecom provider to identify the sender.
NTSPL Bulk SMS Features
Send Bulk SMS Easily
You can personalize your bulk SMS messages with custom fields in seconds, compose in 20+ languages, schedule your messages, and do much more with ease.
Easily Insert Attachments
You can easily insert images, PDFs, spreadsheets, and other types of files as short links into your bulk SMS campaigns to capture your consumers’ attention and increase conversions. These attachments let you convey more in 160 characters limit.
Real-Time Delivery Reports
Get real-time SMS delivery reports, as well as detailed click metrics for all weblinks and attachments delivered as short links, allowing you to evaluate the reach and performance of your campaign.
Enjoy Engaging Mobile Solutions
Generate discount coupons, tickets, web surveys, and forms directly from our website. Use them as short URLs in your SMS campaigns to increase your response rates.
Use the WhatsApp API to Communicate With Your Customers
By automating Whatsapp messages, you may communicate about essential service updates, notifications etc. You can even accept consumer inquiries on Whatsapp and carry on the dialogue with the customer there.
Quick SMS API Integration
Sending and receiving SMS messages can be automated from any website, CRM, or application. Access SMS APIs through code written in various programming languages, including PHP, Java, .NET, and others.
Receive SMS Online
Make it possible for customers to interact with you both ways. Set up auto-responses or move the dialogue ahead on other channels if necessary.
Scale Up Seamlessly
NTSPL’s strong SMS gateway allows you to add user roles and privileges, helping you scale up without difficulty.
Set Up SMS Auto-Replies
Get assistance with missed call solutions. Manage leads, receive support, sales inquiries, and do more. With NTSPL’s dual virtual phone numbers, you can receive SMS and missed calls on the same number.
What is the difference between transactional and promotional SMS?
Talking about SMS marketing, many people fail to realize the difference between transactional and promotional SMS. The new business owners planning to start SMS marketing might be confused about how transactional SMS differs from promotional SMS and how to tell them apart.
- Transactional SMS are those SMSes that customers receive when they perform a transaction. It often includes product details, alerts, confirmation of orders, OTPs and services, etc. It is the kind of message that people receive when they withdraw money, and the bank sends them an SMS regarding the transaction details. Transactional SMS could also be the SMSes you receive when you order something online, and they send you a confirmation message with an order number when it will be delivered, etc.
- As the name suggests, promotional SMS are promo SMSes that you receive from brands and companies that let you know about different promotions, offers, and seasonal discounts. These SMSes are mainly designed to generate customer interest and drive more web and foot traffic to a company. Organizations mostly use promotional SMS to let their customers know of any promotions or offers they are running. They can also use promotional SMS to let the customers know of items going out of stock, remind customers of upcoming events like new product launches, seasonal discounts, festive sales, etc.
So these are some of the significant differences between transactional and promotional SMS. Another difference between transactional and promotional SMS is that most promotional SMS are sent out, within a time limit of 12 hours, between 9 a.m to 9 p.m. However the timing may vary depending on government regulations in a specific jurisdiction or country.
On the other hand, transactional SMS can be sent 24×7, as it shares crucial time-sensitive information about whatever transactions you are doing. If a business is looking to build its brand identity and credibility, transactional SMS is the ideal way to do so.
One other difference between transactional and promotional SMS include the type of recipient for both kinds of messages. Transactional SMS is sent to all registered customers whether their DND (Do-Not-Disturb) status is turned on or off. Promotional SMS is sent to only people who have their DND (Do-Not-Disturb) status turned off and who have opted to receive the promotional messages.
Before starting SMS marketing, you should also be aware of transactional and promotional SMS differences to ensure you follow the right marketing strategy. Once you find the right SMS service provider, you can start purchasing bulk SMS services in India to promote your business.
Should you invest in bulk SMS services in India?
With the significant Indian population and many people still not using smartphones, investing in bulk SMS services in India may prove to be the right step for your brand. You can approach any SMS service provider to discuss how you can use them to send people either promotional or transactional SMSes.
The cost to send out bulk SMS with any SMS service provider will cost you less than any traditional marketing campaign. With the right SMS service provider, you will be able to get the best out of their services, reach the correct demographics, and see a rise in your customer base.
Are there any similarities between transactional and promotional SMS?
Now that you know the difference between transactional and promotional SMS, you should also know there are few similarities. Both kinds of SMSes are sent to customers to inform them about essential advancements. Both SMSes are sent through an SMS service provider for quick delivery, and both help businesses build brand identity, loyal customer base and warrants better engagement.
NTSPL is a leading provider of bulk SMS services in India. It provides today’s most innovative, user-friendly, and comprehensive bulk SMS service platform. You can personalize your bulk SMS messages with custom fields and compose them in multiple languages in minutes. You can send and receive SMS messages from any website, CRM, or application. You can access the SMS APIs with sample code, including PHP, Java .NET, and others.