One of the significant worries of many website owners and bloggers is the risk of getting their sites hacked. When people do not use a proper website security tool, it is no secret that their site is vulnerable to being hacked. Hackers often steal sensitive data and sell them to various underground marketplaces in bulk.
You might have received emails or messages from services that you have never signed up for more than once. It is a case where these companies gain access to your personal information using back door methods. This is why you need to integrate website security services into your website.
Why you must use website security services even when you have a firewall
If you wonder how common website hacking is, an Accenture report from 2019 states that security breaches have unfortunately seen a 67% rise in only five years, from 2013-2018. More than 70% of hackers admit that traditional firewall or antivirus has become archaic in keeping your data safe, making it easier for them to hack into your website.
If you like keeping your faith in the traditional antiviruses and firewalls and not use an appropriate website security tool. In that case, it is high time you change your mind about it. The SiteLock security services in India come in handy in such cases when you are unsure of where to start.
Website Security Services Offered By NTSPL Hosting
- SSL Certificate: NTSPL Hosting experts feel SSL is no longer optional, so a corporation must invest in safeguarding it from potential dangers. NTSPL is a prominent Indian SSL certificate vendor that can assist develop a secure, encrypted interface between your website and browsers. This certificate ensures private information and data security during transportation from the browser to the webserver and protects your data and your customers from hackers and anybody who wants to steal or spy on secret material.
- Site Lock: SiteLock is a cloud-based security solution that immediately begins scanning your website and email. Monitoring your website 24×7 for vulnerabilities and threats is affordable and effective, meaning you don’t have to worry about your website and your business. It also boosts customer trust.
- CodeGuard: CodeGuard automatically monitors changes to your website’s files & databases, performs backups, and notifies you by email. You can restore the web site’s files to any previous backup version by simply downloading a zip file.
How to secure your website from hackers?
If you have recently started your website and are new to the industry, you would be unaware of the threats and hackers lurking online. Even though hacking is one of the most popular cybercrimes ever to exist, it still does not inhibit people from falling prey to it. Without a proper website monitoring tool to keep an eye on your data and website, you are prone to get hacked.
To ensure that you and your new website do not fall into the hands of a hacker, here are certain things you can do from the inception of your website.
- Security plug-ins: Installing security plug-ins provides your website and blogs with an extra layer of protection, along with firewalls and antiviruses. Almost all hackers create bots to find vulnerable firewalls. So, even if the hackers somehow find your website and successfully penetrate the firewall, the additional security plug-ins will prevent them from entering your website. The installed security plug-ins will create a layer where anyone without administrative access will not access configuration files. These security plug-ins are website monitoring tool that keeps anyone suspicious lurking around your website, at bay.
- Backup Your Websites: There is nothing heartbreaking than losing all the critical data that you have accumulated over the years to hackers. Hackers steal not only your data but also your visitors’ information as well. It is highly degrading and humiliating for the website owners, as it is their job to keep the information safe. Backing up your website helps you keep the data safe, whether it is files, databases, themes, plug-ins etc. Apart from hacking, website backup is beneficial if anything goes wrong during updating of your software. You will be able to start fresh without having to accumulate all the data once again.
- Software/ Plugins Updates: Apart from the points mentioned above, you also need to update your software/plugins from time to time. Most of the software update come in with security upgrades. Wherever there is a security risk, website security services will remind you of your software and website platform updates. If you have hosted your website in a Content Management System (CMS), like WordPress, Wix, etc., there is a high chance of you getting hacked and your data getting stolen. Therefore an updated website security tool is a must for you.
- Install SSL and HTTPS: It is no secret how crucial it is for your website to have an SSL certificate. A Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificate encrypts all the incoming and outgoing communications of your website. This security protocol ensures that the data being communicated between your website and server remains unattainable even if a hacker gets hold of it. Installing HTTPS in your website is an unspoken understandability between the website owner and the visitor to provide vulnerable details like credit card details, home address, etc. Platforms like SiteLock Security Services in India make sure that your website is safe from malicious attacks and you stay updated with all security measures.
- Unique and Robust Passwords: Many people fail to realize that using the same password on multiple online platforms can make them vulnerable to phishing and hacking attacks. Even though it is tough to use a unique password for every platform, it is necessary. If more than one person has access to your website, make sure that they have strong and unique passwords too. An excellent strong password consists of more than eight alphanumeric characters and at least two special symbols. Having a website monitoring tool would often help you determine whether your password is strong enough.
Now that you know how to secure your website, you know how important it is for you to get in touch with services like SiteLock security services in India to ensure you get the best website security services. You can connect with professionals at NTSPL Hosting who will help protect your website from Viruses, Bot Attacks, Hackers, Identity Theft, etc.