Are you thinking of upgrading to a better server that gives you the benefits of a dedicated server at the expense of a shared server? VPS might be the right choice for you – it gives you the reliability, security, and performance of a dedicated server, the ability to instantly scalable cloud hosting at the affordable price of a shared server host. VPS Hosting services have become very popular in recent times, but to help you figure out if it is the right choice, we have come up with a comprehensive guide. Read on to know more.
What is VPS Hosting?
VPS or Virtual Private Server hosting is the bridge between shared and dedicated server hosting. In VPS, there is a parent server that is split into multiple virtual servers. Processor power, memory, hard drive space, and other resources are divided among each of these servers. They serve a dedicated server to each client, but the cost comes down due to sharing the same resources.
VPS hosting services are best suited for both small and medium-sized businesses that are not anticipating a sudden increase in their website traffic in the short term. They will still have access to scalable and flexible resources from their VPS hosting provider in India if they need them in the long term. VPS clients can reap this benefit without sustaining an increased cost.
Types of VPS Hosting
There are two major types of VPS hosting –
- Managed VPS: The hosting provider controls important functionalities like the initial server set up, backups, security, and updates in managed VPS hosting services. It also offers you virus and spam protection, and a separate team of IT professionals is in charge of monitoring and maintaining your server so that you can have a hassle-free experience.
- Unmanaged VPS: With unmanaged VPS hosting, you are responsible for handling the private server dedicated to you. The VPS hosting provider in India oversees the installation of the operating system, hardware maintenance, and system-level health checks. You should manage the control panel, security system, server upgrades, backup, and software updates.
How does VPS Hosting Work?
VPS hosting uses a virtualized operating system to create multiple virtual servers in India from a single physical parent server. The VPS hosting provider in India applies virtualization technology to install a virtual layer on top of the primary operating system (OS). The virtualization process is attainable through a hypervisor- capable of creating virtual machines by splitting up the hardware from the OS and applications of a computer.
The hypervisor is responsible for supplying each new virtual machine with resources like CPU cores, memory space, disc space, etc., from the physical server. VPS gives you the same root-level access that you would get with a dedicated server but at the price level of a shared server.
Each of these virtual machines is equipped with the reliability and security of dedicated servers. Other users on the same host server cannot get hold of important information unique to your account. Since you are responsible for managing and controlling the virtual server, you will need professional technical knowledge and skills.
NTSPL VPS plans that give you dedicated functionality
- VPS Hardware and Deployment with Full Root Access + WHM
- Container Boot Issue Support & Greater Flexibility
- High IO & Low Latency SAN
- Redundant SAN Architecture & Centralized Storage
- 30 day Money Back Guarantee
Benefits VPS Solution by NTSPL Hosting
VPS hosting services come with profitable benefits. The most important of them are:
- Improved Reliability: VPS hosting servers are designed to handle infrastructure and other software-related malfunctions. Since each of the virtual machines on the host server behaves as individual dedicated servers to their respective clients, you need not share your resources like bandwidth and storage with other users, like in shared server hosting.
- More Control: With VPS hosting, you get more control over your server than in shared hosting. You can install applications that need a system restart- this will not affect any other user on the same host server. You can restart your system without causing any inconveniences to other users. Moreover, VPS gives you access to an individual-owned operating system- this means you are at liberty to customize it according to your unique business needs.
- Strong Security: With valuable information about your business on the internet, security will inevitably be one of the most important concerns. VPS hosting can guarantee top-notch security features that let you monitor the use of your valuable information. The virtual machines on the host server are armored with efficient infrastructure to help prevent data breaches or virus infiltration. Other users on the same server also cannot access your account. Moreover, VPS hosting provides you with more backup space than shared servers.
- Impressive Performance: If your business website is experiencing a steady traffic growth, shared server hosting might not be able to handle the increase in your audience competently. It might slow down or even crash, owing to the lack of proper resources. You will not have to face any such difficulties with VPS hosting since you need not share resources like storage space, bandwidth, etc., with other users.
- Scalability: One of the significant benefits of VPS hosting is scalability. You need not anticipate your business growth and purchase resources accordingly. Virtual servers in India will grow with your business. You can increase or decrease the resources at your disposal as per your current needs in simpler words.
- Reduced Cost: Dedicated server hosting is one of the costliest hosting services. If you have just started your business, you might have trouble affording it. But you get all the perks of a dedicated server at the reduced cost of a shared server with VPS. Though you are one of the users in the host system, your virtual machine behaves like a dedicated server to you.
With your newly established business starting to gain popularity, it’s high time to opt for VPS hosting. If you are looking for reliable virtual servers in India, you can check out VPS Solution by NTSPL Hosting. NTSPL data centers are strategically located in a dense fiber connectivity area, ensuring efficient and stable network connectivity. Our servers are interconnected via various fiber transport routes, resulting in lower latency and improved network stability. NTSPL servers are protected by the most stringent and resilient security standards. For VPS hosting services get in touch with NTSPL experts today!